How to Help your Counseling Department
- Volunteers help our school go 'round! If we do not have an immediate need in our office there is always a need in the Media Center
- Mentor! Surround students with a community of support, empowering
them to stay in school & achieve in life. Read more here
- Donations of new/slightly used winter coats or new tennis shoes for children and adolescents are always appreciated. Children grow out of these garments from year to year and we often encounter families who are unable to afford to replace them when the winter comes.
- Toiletry items are not often considered but can make a wonderful, easy donation and they really come in handy! Grab those samples in the hotel bathroom or consider purchasing some items form the dollar store to help our supply closet to assist families. Some items that we can use are shampoo, conditioner, body wash, soap, feminine hygiene products, and toilet paper. The Counseling Office specifically appreciates donations of sanitary pads/napkins to be distributed to students.
- If you have gently used goods to donate (clothing, household items or furniture) please contact Kirsten Thornante, system social worker, at 706-236-5050. If we are not aware of a family in need of those items at the time, she can refer you to a local organization that would benefit from the donation.
- Parents can go to www.schoolcounselor.org to learn more about the various roles and services of school counselors and how to work with school counselors to help their children achieve success
Supply Wish List
Any items donated to the Counseling Department will be used for individual counseling or group guidance with students in grades 7th and 8th